Monday, June 29, 2009

Frustrations and Ambitions

Today has been quite a revealing day. Not for anything of significance...but enough to push my buttons. My buttons have definitely been pushed for good and for evil.

1. Evil Button:

I discovered that the two dresses I purchased at the end of the semester cannot be used for recruitment in the fall. UGeoitgrgiohgsr0nwi gf!!! Granted, they weren't purchased with that idea in mind, but I thought since they were both the right pattern I could use them, and save money this summer. I bought these dresses for graduation and for formals next year. I thought in hindsight that I could also wear them for recruitment. My lack of job requires me to think outside the box in where I can save the most money, and NOT shopping is my number one rule. However, I found out that our recruitment dresses are supposed to be cotton. These dresses I own are slightly fancier than a cotton sundress.

So now I must go out and spend money that I don't have on a dress that I really don't need.

And I NEVER thought I'd hear myself say that I don't need a dress.

Boo.

2. Good Button:

I want to go to Hawaii for spring break. It has been almost 10 years since I have been back to Hawaii, and I've never gone on a spring break trip. What better way than to visit with relatives in the sun and surf of my birthplace?

That's exactly what I thought.

So now I must look to the future and budget for this hopeful trip. Because it would be so awesome if I could actually make it there!

No comments:

Post a Comment