Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hello Switchfoot, My Old Friend

I have never been more in love with an entire album since I don't know when. In a world full of singles it's never been worth it to purchase an album by an artist anymore. With the exception of Lady Gaga, who has a cd STACKED with hit after hit, there just hasn't been that pull for me to buy an album.

Until now.

Hello, and meet Hello Hurricane.

After the release of Beautiful Letdown, Switchfoot I'm sorry to say has released two very sub-par albums in Stars and Oh, Gravity. They sort of redeemed themselves with "This Is Home" on the Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Soundtrack, but the Switchfoot I knew seemed to be lost.

But not anymore.

This new album makes me so happy I could burst. It is definitely the Switchfoot that I love and remember from New Way To Be Human (which was my all-time favorite of theirs.)

And in the words of one of my favorite songs on this album: it is no accident we're here tonight. We are once in a lifetime.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment